This year marks the 100th anniversary of Saltford’s War Memorial. It was erected in 1920, and originally located where the High St meets the end of Beech Rd. The War Memorial was moved to its current location nearby in 1966 after it was damaged by a car.
The railings in front of the War Memorial are an asset belonging to the Parish Council. SPC updated the railings 2018 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War 1. Our new website has a page containing a brief history of Saltford, see here.
More information about Saltford during WW1 & WWII, including a photo of the War Memorial at its original location, can be found on the Saltford Environment Group website’s online museum here.