The planning authority for Saltford is B&NES Council. Saltford Parish Council is a statutory consultee, meaning B&NES Council must consult the Parish Council.
SPC responds to all planning consultations received for Saltford (over 400 since 2016). SPC’s responses can be found on the B&NES Council planning portal under ‘Plans and Documents’ (not comments) for each application.
SPC – like all Parish Councils – does not have powers to grant or refuse planning permission. However its views are taken into account by B&NES Council.
SPC cannot provide advice on proposed, ‘live’ or resolved planning applications. Residents can direct enquiries to the planning authority (B&NES Council).
To submit views to B&NES Council about live planning applications, please visit our ‘Commenting on planning applications’ page for information.
Please find further information about planning matters via the links below:
- What powers does Saltford Parish Council have with respect to planning applications?
- How can Saltford residents find out about planning applications?
- Thinking of applying to B&NES Council for planning permission?
- Stages of the planning decision making process
- SPC Site Visits
- Privacy and the Planning Process
- Possible planning contraventions
- Useful information