Site visits only take place should the Chair of Planning Committee deems this essential and when they are willing to conduct a site visit. Site visits are not a mandatory service offered by parish councils. Generally the information made available on the B&NES Council planning portal (or other planning authority if applicable) is used to inform SPC decisions. Should a site visit take place, a Councillor would not be able to express any opinion on the application – the planning merits of what is proposed will be discussed at an SPC meeting.
Other information about planning matters in Saltford
- What powers does Saltford Parish Council have with respect to planning applications?
- How can Saltford residents find out about planning applications?
- Thinking of applying to B&NES Council for planning permission?
- Stages of the planning decision making process
- SPC Site Visits
- Privacy and the Planning Process
- Possible planning contraventions
- Useful information