SPC does not generally make site visits with regards to planning applications. Site visits only take place should the Chair of Planning Committee deems this essential and when they are willing to conduct a site visit. Site visits are not a mandatory service offered by parish councils. Generally the information made available on the B&NES Council planning portal (or other planning authority if applicable) is used to inform SPC decisions. Should a site visit take place, a Councillor would not be able to express any opinion on the application – the planning merits of what is proposed will be discussed at an SPC meeting.
Other information about planning matters in Saltford
- What powers does Saltford Parish Council have with respect to planning applications?
- How can Saltford residents find out about planning applications?
- Thinking of applying to B&NES Council for planning permission?
- Stages of the planning decision making process
- SPC Site Visits
- Privacy and the Planning Process
- Possible planning contraventions
- Useful information